Why did I write my birth story?
In 2010 I experienced an incredibly empowering and wonderful moment. To use a running analogy, I conquered my own 'Heartbreak Hill' when I gave birth to my fourth child - the old fashioned way.
After three fairly difficult previous births, this one didn't happen this way just by chance or by accident. It took a lot of hard work - emotional, spiritual and physical. It took learning of new information, new skills and how to do a lot of things differently.
The story could turn into quite a tome, so I've divided it up into different sections.
- The birth story itself - a great VBAC result
- The complications and the medical side - VBAC and gestational diabetes
- Emotionally and spiritually - making it happen
- My weird dream that really helped
- The three previous births
- My birth plan
- My prayers for the birth
- 'The' four page letter to the OB- all about EFM